Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Doldrums

You know, the mood where life seems extremely monotonous and a bit like Groundhogs Day (the film, not the actual day... the actual day would be no big deal...unless the groundhog saw his shadow and there were 6 more weeks of winter...then I would definitely be in a mood...but not this same mood, a different, anxiety ridden, panicked sort of mood...but this mood is more like the mood of the film...less anxious, more "desperate to get out of the monotony" sort of a mood...but I digress...)

I love my life, I really, really do.  And I say that not to convince myself because I am already thoroughly convinced.  I love my life.  I could not ask for more.  Seriously.  I am the kind of girl who is pretty much content.  Not high maintenance or needy, (at least according to my own opinion,) but pretty ok with things.  I just get so bored at times! There is so much to be done but it's all been done before.  I'm talking about the laundry and the toilets and the dishes and grocery shopping, and the regular routine of just about every day.  Ive done it all, and honestly, it's not all that.  It's pretty mundane. Don't believe the hype because seriously, as hardcore as it sounds to take everything out of the fridge, wipe it down, and put everything back in it--and not have a single person in the family notice you've cleaned it, mind you--that thing is dirty again by week's end. That high that comes from finishing a monumental task like cleaning the bathroom is gone the minute someone brushes their teeth and leaves toothpaste all over the sink again.

Don't get me wrong, I love the routine. But sometimes, just sometimes, I get really, really bored (insert massive yawn) with it. And I cant figure out how to break the monotony.  So I war inside myself until the mood passes.  And I ponder once again what might ever satisfy the doldrums.

No comments:

Post a Comment