Monday, March 19, 2012

shirking responsibility

im doing it right now.  trying with all my might to not do what I am supposed to be doing today. originally I was planning to go to the gym then run real quickly to the grocery store, be home by 11am and get going on my duties for the day. it is now 12:09 and I have a stack of bills to go through, tax stuff to prepare, and a house in desperate need of straightening.  since arriving home I have so far enjoyed a leisurely lunch of nachos followed by a delicious dessert of jelly beans (that were bought for the kids, of course.) I have checked on all of the happenings at facebook, stopped by Drudge Report, and caught up on Twitter.  At approximately 12:05 I walked into the messy kitchen and put away my lunch supplies, quick grabbed a second handful of jelly beans, then darted back to the bedroom and sat down once again in front of the computer. it is now 12:13 and I am weighing my options.  the desk is still a complete mess, I have 3 hours before I need to pick up the kids, and I am seriously considering a run to Target.  What for? I have no idea.  I just dont want to address the mess.  sometimes i dont want to put on my big girl britches.  sometimes I dont want to do anything.  these are called adult tantrums. it is now 12:20.
12:23.
12:24.
12:25.
12:26.
im heading to Target. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment