Friday, February 10, 2012

Dealing with Perfectionism

"Even housework done incorrectly still blesses your family." ~Fly Lady

If you have a dream or a goal you are pursuing and in need of encouragement in just 'going for it' I hope you will take time to read this post by Jon Acuff about dealing with perfectionism.  Sometimes we want so badly to do something right that we end up not doing it at all, whether it be learning a new skill, following a dream, or simply cleaning the house.  I often get discouraged to go for things when I know it might not be seen as perfect.  Or if I know it wont remain perfect.

Take cleaning the house, for instance--within hours it is a mess again and I become frustrated with continually trying to get it right.  The same goes for teaching a Bible Study--I know there will be moments of awkward silence and nervousness on my part and sometimes it seems it would be easier to just be a participant rather than reveal the 'less than perfect' parts of me. But I was encouraged to by what Jon said in his post:

"The things you create and actually share will always out perform the things that stay stuck in your head or your desk or your laptop." Doing something is always better than doing nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment