Wednesday, February 8, 2012

My Brother From Another Mother


I have yet another inspiring family member I shall introduce you to today, my brother-in-law Von.  Nate's younger brother is an artist doing everything from traditional studio work to street art, like this piece he recently made for his sweet mom (my mother-in-law) Gussy.

Von, his sister Andrea, and her husband Ward are not just Nate's family, but they are my siblings too.  I count them as my own and celebrate the amazing talents and creativity God has blessed them with. They are each an inspiration to me in their own right. Some of my favorite work from Von has been for Mars Ill. (Nate produces music and has been half of the hip-hop crew Mars Ill since the late 90's.) Von created the group's logo (shown above) as well as the Polar Bear mark that Nate became known for. Check out more of Von's work at his website.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Kindi!! But you deserve a titty twister!!! Im the master of the 'clean line': PLUG ONE: http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/04/20/a-clean-fresh-mystery-beneath-the-bridge/

    PLUG TWO: http://vonjosephcorrona.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vonnie! I truly did my very best in my non art world lingo to represent you! Glad you read it!

    ReplyDelete